PDA

View Full Version : Is there any video or step by step article for fixing power supply?

rockisdead
12-04-2013, 07:08 PM
My SV8K having issue
1)Two pieces green 8PSK adapter,can power on,watching one minute HD and it's reboot by itself.
2)Switch to red single piece 8PSK adapter,cannot power on.I got this from ebay,asked seller,and he's saying that my power supply needs to be fixed.A guy asked $50 on kijiji,I figure out that better to do it myself,so I could handle it in the future as well.
3)Remove 8PSK,SD working fine.

So,I need expert to identify where the issue and how to fix it.

Big thanks in advance.

swanner
12-04-2013, 07:15 PM
dont know just guessing, but is the latest firmware or software been updated? maybe that is what is wrong.... also maybe check for broken solder joints on the mainboard around the 8psk module plug and power feeds... maybe when the board get's warm, the solder joints are seperating....
just a thought...
I use a magnifing glass and a toothpick to push around the solder joints.... PLEASE make sure that the power is disconnected if your gonna remove the cover and poke around inside the unit....

good luck... Hopefully somebody else can give you some insight...

later

nunoit
12-04-2013, 08:07 PM
usually what goes bad are the caps. i would start replacing all one by one to be sure you don't get them placed wrong.

as a rule keep the same value go higher in voltage. exe 100uf 10v ok to use 100uf 20v as long as the part fits in space.

since you have your iron out check all contacts that have power rails for cold sold joints.

my thought is as caps load they are failing hence your problem, higher voltage caps can handle heaver loads.

swanner
12-04-2013, 08:34 PM
usually what goes bad are the caps. i would start replacing all one by one to be sure you don't get them placed wrong.

as a rule keep the same value go higher in voltage. exe 100uf 10v ok to use 100uf 20v as long as the part fits in space.

since you have your iron out check all contacts that have power rails for cold sold joints.

my thought is as caps load they are failing hence your problem, higher voltage caps can handle heaver loads.

Yup, I'd have to agree with ya nunoit.... Caps are usualll 80% of the time the main failure for circuits not working....

Good input...

Fishbum
12-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Save your self a lot of time... get it fixed by danmarco seller on e-bay.. do a search on ebay "Sonicview 8000HD Power Supply REPAIR ONLY " Great guy, dealt with him many times.

hxxp://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sonicview-8000HD-Power-Supply-REPAIR-ONLY-None-for-sale-/251120722123?pt=US_Satellite_Signal_Multiswitches&hash=item3a77f620cb

bearbait
12-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Save your self a lot of time... get it fixed by danmarco seller on e-bay.. do a search on ebay "Sonicview 8000HD Power Supply REPAIR ONLY " Great guy, dealt with him many times.

hxxp://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sonicview-8000HD-Power-Supply-REPAIR-ONLY-None-for-sale-/251120722123?pt=US_Satellite_Signal_Multiswitches&hash=item3a77f620cb

X2...not a hard job if you know what your doing and you know what parts you need but a lot easier to have a expert take care of it.

rockisdead
12-12-2013, 09:43 PM
X2...not a hard job if you know what your doing and you know what parts you need but a lot easier to have a expert take care of it.

I'm going to do it myself,will report back.