PDA

View Full Version : Sonicview 8000 in booting mode

Chavacanopr
10-21-2013, 11:38 PM
hi, i have a situation with my sonic view 8k on display appear booting mode after i load a wrong bin. i already tried these steps without results.

1. Do a clean FAT32 format on your USB stick.
2. Load the latest update bin file to the USB stick.
3. Turn the rear power switch on the receiver OFF.
4. Plug your USB stick into the receivers USB port.
5. Now do a forced load by pressing and holding the MENU key on the front panel of the receiver ( not the remote ) and at the same time switch the rear power switch ON. Continue to hold the MENU button until you see "LOAD USB" on the front panel then release Menu button. It will then boot from the USB stick.

There are other way with the null cable but my computer is mac and the loader is not compatible with mac. I borrowed a windows pc but i don't find the cd drive for the usb to null cable adapter. some one could help me, or suggestions.

thanks!

airjam
10-22-2013, 12:53 AM
hi, i have a situation with my sonic view 8k on display appear booting mode after i load a wrong bin. i already tried these steps without results.

1. Do a clean FAT32 format on your USB stick.
2. Load the latest update bin file to the USB stick.
3. Turn the rear power switch on the receiver OFF.
4. Plug your USB stick into the receivers USB port.
5. Now do a forced load by pressing and holding the MENU key on the front panel of the receiver ( not the remote ) and at the same time switch the rear power switch ON. Continue to hold the MENU button until you see "LOAD USB" on the front panel then release Menu button. It will then boot from the USB stick.

There are other way with the null cable but my computer is mac and the loader is not compatible with mac. I borrowed a windows pc but i don't find the cd drive for the usb to null cable adapter. some one could help me, or suggestions.

thanks!

Would you happen to have access to a second SV-8K ? You could try cloning from a good receiver to your 8K.

Sp0iler
10-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Force load the FACTORY BIN.

airjam
10-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Force load the FACTORY BIN.

He tried a force load as in item 5 but did not state if it was FACTORY BIN. I suspect it did not respond to his USB.

riverman
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Find an old windows computer with a 9 pin connection . Try to load the factory file using the Sonicview downloader and the Null cable. Might be your only chance

Sp0iler
10-22-2013, 10:21 PM
He tried a force load as in item 5 but did not state if it was FACTORY BIN. I suspect it did not respond to his USB.

He loaded the current bin as indicated in his step #2.

Fishbum
10-23-2013, 05:22 AM
Try what river man suggested.. old computer with 9 pin and load factory file with Null cable..
If that does not work sounds like your power board is dead... do you only have the factory fan in this receiver? If you never had secondary cooling in this receiver... its just a matter of time before your power board goes.. stuck on boot is a classic of a bad power board and very possible it just cant recover after your wrong file..
May I ask what was the wrong bin you tried to install???

Chavacanopr
10-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Try what river man suggested.. old computer with 9 pin and load factory file with Null cable..
If that does not work sounds like your power board is dead... do you only have the factory fan in this receiver? If you never had secondary cooling in this receiver... its just a matter of time before your power board goes.. stuck on boot is a classic of a bad power board and very possible it just cant recover after your wrong file..
May I ask what was the wrong bin you tried to install???

Ok, Fishbum. I tried with other computer an nothing yet. Yes i have auxiliary fans. The wrong file was v514 because i think this could update the ihub. the bin that i thought could fix my ihub was 514 with IHub at ver. 2.2

Thank you all for all the comments

airjam
10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Ok, Fishbum. I tried with other computer an nothing yet. Yes i have auxiliary fans. The wrong file was v514 because i think this could update the ihub. the bin that i thought could fix my ihub was 514 with IHub at ver. 2.2

Thank you all for all the comments
File 514 should do no harm to the 8000HD. It is a valid file for the 8000HD and should only bring you back in time but should not prevent booting. Could be by coincidence you have a bad power supply at the same time you were doing the work. Replace caps and then proceed.

Midnight Rider
10-23-2013, 02:05 PM
depending on what usb to serial you are using ,if it is a prolific you can vist the prolific website and download the drivers for your usb to R232 ,if you do not have the driver CD , once you have the com port in device manager, force load the SV STB as suggessted above with a factory bin , an earlier version of the factory bin if possible and have all unplugged except out to tv and power ,no hub no sat cable..

diode
10-23-2013, 02:33 PM
First, try a few different USB drives. The smaller the better. (1 GiG or less)

Chavacanopr
10-24-2013, 01:22 AM
File 514 should do no harm to the 8000HD. It is a valid file for the 8000HD and should only bring you back in time but should not prevent booting. Could be by coincidence you have a bad power supply at the same time you were doing the work. Replace caps and then proceed.

I thought this too, just a coincidence

Thanks!

Chavacanopr
10-24-2013, 01:24 AM
First, try a few different USB drives. The smaller the better. (1 GiG or less)

I will have it in mind!

thanks!

Chavacanopr
10-24-2013, 01:33 AM
Ok, just a small summary on what I am in the process. I start reading about the main 2 capacitors (c10 & C24) that could cause the fail and I heard too about the replacement of more capacitors, about 5. A friend told me about 5 but he can't remembered about a the fifth one. I already replace the the C10, C14, C20 and C24. in the last attempt to get the SV out of booting mode this one turn off the main display. So now I can't see if the problem continues because I can't know the SV status without display. So, do you if there are more capacitors or information about the display?

Thank you in advance!

Fishbum
10-24-2013, 04:47 AM
My recommendation... go to ebay.. do a search "Sonicview 8000HD power supply Repair only"
Contact danmarco he will fix it up for you.. Great guy, I'v bought many things from him in the past..

diode
10-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Ok, just a small summary on what I am in the process. I start reading about the main 2 capacitors (c10 & C24) that could cause the fail and I heard too about the replacement of more capacitors, about 5. A friend told me about 5 but he can't remembered about a the fifth one. I already replace the the C10, C14, C20 and C24. in the last attempt to get the SV out of booting mode this one turn off the main display. So now I can't see if the problem continues because I can't know the SV status without display. So, do you if there are more capacitors or information about the display?

Thank you in advance!

Ok so now you have replaced a few caps and now the display doesn't work, I would suggest that you check for polarity on each replaced cap, (the dark " )" symbol on the board should match the wide dark line on the cap. Then reheat each solder joint. It sounds to me that you've got a bad solder joint.

JCO
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Nothing worse than a bad joint....LOL

Chavacanopr
10-25-2013, 05:23 PM
My recommendation... go to ebay.. do a search "Sonicview 8000HD power supply Repair only"
Contact danmarco he will fix it up for you.. Great guy, I'v bought many things from him in the past..

thank you !