PDA

View Full Version : Safe way to unplug the receiver every night.

john4848
09-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I like to unplug my sv8k every night when its not in use. Since the back switch is hard to get, I turn off the receiver via remote and unplug the cord from the outlet. What do you think is a better method to avoid damage to the unit?

Thanks!

Akili
09-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Get a power bar and use the switch on the power bar

airjam
09-25-2013, 04:04 PM
I like to unplug my sv8k every night when its not in use. Since the back switch is hard to get, I turn off the receiver via remote and unplug the cord from the outlet. What do you think is a better method to avoid damage to the unit?

Thanks!
You can use a power remote. I have seen them that switches 3 devices from a small remote with 3 buttons.

Terryl
09-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Leave it plugged in and get a good UPS system from Triplite, it comes with an attached equipment warranty, if something gets by the UPS and damages any of the equipment protected by it, they will buy you new stuff.

ALL my electronics is protected by one or more UPS systems, and the bigger you go, (more bucks $$$$) the longer you can watch TV when the powers out.

It's Jafo
09-25-2013, 10:23 PM
The cord is attached directly to the switch.Unplugging the box from the wall does the exact same thing as throwing the switch.It won't hurt a thing to unplug if that's what works best for you.
Otherwise, all the above suggestions are good ones.

:)