PDA

View Full Version : sonicview8000 pixelation

john4848
08-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Hello all,

My sonicview8000 pixelation, with board, has served me well through the years. Lately I have noticed pixelation issues and lines across the screen with loss of picture. After a couple of seconds of blue screen, the signal comes back. Could this be a warning of a power supply imminent failure? Is it server issue? Beaver north and NFPS.

Thanks for your help.

freeatlast28
08-27-2013, 09:37 PM
whats your signal like on your dish? and does it do that just on the satellite or does it do it on other components on your tv?

john4848
08-27-2013, 09:51 PM
At this time, I have a pc and OTA and the SV8000 connected to the tv. I noticed the pixilation on the Sat but did not check the other components at the same time. It happened this morning but hasn't repeated. I lost the use of one port on my switch recently and that sat (110) does not come in at all.

Fishbum
08-29-2013, 04:58 AM
Helps if you would answer John's questions... what is the signal (quality) on your SV8000 for sats 119, 110.. ect..
more info on your set up would sure help... lnb types, switch type and name,
generally pixilation like your explaining is do to dish alignment and low signal quality coming in...
but you mention one side of your switch is lost? your switch may be failing.. what kind of switch do you have?
really need more info if you want any one here to try to help you and helps if you answer the questions we ask you..

john4848
08-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Helps if you would answer John's questions... what is the signal (quality) on your SV8000 for sats 119, 110.. ect..
more info on your set up would sure help... lnb types, switch type and name,
generally pixilation like your explaining is do to dish alignment and low signal quality coming in...
but you mention one side of your switch is lost? your switch may be failing.. what kind of switch do you have?
really need more info if you want any one here to try to help you and helps if you answer the questions we ask you..

Sorry about the delay. Although there is a problem with the switch in that one port is dead (110), the sat signal is very strong for the rest of the dishes I have up on the roof, (82,91,118,119,129). The issue is not of sat signal but rather of video signal. I am using a Cheatah switch but will be replacing that with a powered sw44 switch. Never tried it with an SV800. Will this switch work with my receiver?

Thanks for the help.