PDA

View Full Version : Weird thing happened to sat 129,,,, read this one. Very odd

oddball
08-20-2013, 01:27 AM
So this past weekend i turn on my sv8000 and turn onto a 129 sat channel and get no signal at all ,,, then tried a few more ceil channels and same thing so i check everything out and finally get it going by powering my dish 500 with a dish receiver and now get my channels back but here is the weird thing,,,,, i just arrived at my cottage and guess what,,,,, same thing here now too , no signal on ceil,,,,, so something is up with sat 129,,,,,,, did they move the sat or something,,,,,,, has to be something like that cause same thing is happening at my other home,,,,,,

Any ideas??????

It's Jafo
08-20-2013, 01:48 AM
If adding additional power solves the problem, you possibly have a coax cable going bad or some connections not secure or dirty.
There might also be a chance the power supply or caps might be getting weak and not putting out the power to the dish it used to get.
I think it might also just be coincidental that the boxes are both showing a problem.
Since your really the only one with the issue, I have to think it's something on your side of things. The sats haven't moved.
:)

oddball
08-20-2013, 02:09 AM
If adding additional power solves the problem, you possibly have a coax cable going bad or some connections not secure or dirty.
There might also be a chance the power supply or caps might be getting weak and not putting out the power to the dish it used to get.
I think it might also just be coincidental that the boxes are both showing a problem.
Since your really the only one with the issue, I have to think it's something on your side of things. The sats haven't moved.
:)

Ya very strange coincidence for sure,,,, i know its not a lnb or cable issues cause i tried others ,,,, so only other thing is maybe cap issues but very strange for both going at same time

oddball
08-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Also i should add,,,, both 110 and 119 are perfect

Fishbum
08-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Would need more info on your set up.. what switches are you running? and how are each receiver hooked up...
LNB type, all your settings.. ect... did you take the same SV8000 receiver to your cottage and had the same problem their??
or you had a different receiver at the cottage?? I'm guessing you took the same SV8000 to the cottage and had the same problem their.. I'm guessing its the SV8000, if your getting no 129. that means its the 8psk module.. with out a good working 8psk module you wont even get a signal on sat 129. What type of 8psk module do you have in the SV8000 receiver?
Two piece style that plugs together?? I'm just guessing... if you do have that type of 8psk module... get rid of it... get the one piece style..