PDA

View Full Version : losing signal on 82w

strunz
06-11-2013, 04:03 AM
There someone who can tell me why I get 90 signals with the 91W Nimiq 1 bev, however only 56 signals with 82W Nimiq 4, and when it is a bit of rain, I lose the signal completely on 82W, I do not understand why it happens so. I am using 2 SV8000 hd with elliptical dish with 2 dual standard linear lnb. A word of advice please!

Benney
06-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Ah the dish needs re-aiming properly.

It's Jafo
06-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Agreed,
Sounds like the dish aim is off a bit, possibly caused by weather or high winds.

willydilly
06-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Size of dish(es) is critical as well. A standard 18" dish, properly aimed at 82W will bring in pretty pictures nicely. The problem with the 18" dish is even if aimed properly, inclement weather will cause "rain out", something that can be eliminated with a larger dish.

Try a "dedicated" dish for 82W. The aforementioned 18" will work very well.

wd

strunz
06-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Many thanks for your suggestion, I've done everything that you have said and believe me it is the best that I could receive. The dish is 24 elliptical as I mentioned earlier. There is something wrong somewhere and I have to try to solve it

Glatt
06-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Cut down the tree!

strunz
06-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Cut down the tree!

well if you read my post the trees have nothing to do. The problem is I get 95 signals on the 91W, on the 82w only 59 and these two dish are spotted almost the same. But, I thank the same you for your suggestion

Benney
06-13-2013, 03:20 AM
well if you read my post the trees have nothing to do. The problem is I get 95 signals on the 91W, on the 82w only 59 and these two dish are spotted almost the same. But, I thank the same you for your suggestion

So you have two separate dishes?

Hook the cable up direct to the LNB from the receiver and see what you get. Eliminate any switches that may be causing the problems.

strunz
06-13-2013, 05:21 PM
So you have two separate dishes?

Hook the cable up direct to the LNB from the receiver and see what you get. Eliminate any switches that may be causing the problems.

1 elliptical with 2 lnb 0ne for 91w and one for 82w

Terryl
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
For two or more satellites (LNB's) with one dish you have to ether skew the dish or the LNB's, skewing the dish is like turning a steering wheel, your going to skew it clockwise or counter clockwise depending on your location.

Since you have a good signal on 91W then the dish/LNB skew might be the problem, also the dish will not be pointing directly at 91W (unless the 82W LNB is mounted off to one side of the 91W LNB) the two LNB's should be mounted on ether side of center of the LNB mounting arm.

If that is the case then your dish will be looking in-between the two satellites, then skewed to get the best signal on both.

If your using a multi LNB bracket then the 82W LNB will be higher or lower then the 91W LNB.

A photo of your dish may help us help you better.

strunz
06-16-2013, 02:04 AM
with all the respect of others who have tried to help me. Finally someone who has read my post right. I fully understand what to say and I agree it's all about skew. For those two satellites the skew is 78 °. I went as close as possible without any result. However, I solved the problem by using the 20 "round dish. Thanks so much for your great comment
For two or more satellites (LNB's) with one dish you have to ether skew the dish or the LNB's, skewing the dish is like turning a steering wheel, your going to skew it clockwise or counter clockwise depending on your location.

Since you have a good signal on 91W then the dish/LNB skew might be the problem, also the dish will not be pointing directly at 91W (unless the 82W LNB is mounted off to one side of the 91W LNB) the two LNB's should be mounted on ether side of center of the LNB mounting arm.

If that is the case then your dish will be looking in-between the two satellites, then skewed to get the best signal on both.

If your using a multi LNB bracket then the 82W LNB will be higher or lower then the 91W LNB.

A photo of your dish may help us help you better.

StanW
06-16-2013, 02:13 AM
with all the respect of others who have tried to help me. Finally someone who has read my post right. I fully understand what to say and I agree it's all about skew. For those two satellites the skew is 78 °. I went as close as possible without any result. However, I solved the problem by using the 20 "round dish. Thanks so much for your great comment
If you're impressed with the help provided maybe you should press the thanks button ;) ... at no time did you describe your setup in detail - mainly location or dish size that you were using . Had you done so the advice given would probably have been different ( keep that in mind next time you have an issue).

Happy that your up and running tho :thumbsup:

strunz
06-17-2013, 01:29 AM
If you're impressed with the help provided maybe you should press the thanks button ;) ... at no time did you describe your setup in detail - mainly location or dish size that you were using . Had you done so the advice given would probably have been different ( keep that in mind next time you have an issue).

Happy that your up and running tho :thumbsup:Thank you for your support. If you read my post carefully you understand exactly what I wanted to say, as your colleague Terril understood. And you can keep your issue

Fishbum
06-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Sorry for not reading this thread earlier... first thing I would suggest is use a 20" round dish with skew.. 91,82 sat. is a BEV providers dish and all their sub systems use a 20" round BEV dish for a reason. On all my systems I have a 20" round dish dedicated for 82,91 and another dish dedicated for Dish sats..

strunz
06-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Sorry for not reading this thread earlier... first thing I would suggest is use a 20" round dish with skew.. 91,82 sat. is a BEV providers dish and all their sub systems use a 20" round BEV dish for a reason. On all my systems I have a 20" round dish dedicated for 82,91 and another dish dedicated for Dish sats..

And that's what I had to do to get the best signals ..Thanks