PDA

View Full Version : Wont read USB + Missing HD chans

catford
06-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Recently I had to do a rescan of my birds,
I noticed that after I had completed this I was missing a few HD chan like ESPN and TNT and NBC SP

I have tried just about everything I have read on here, scan then hit no once first scan completes and accept the second time, I have tried this a number of times and they still wont find during the scan (using red button Scan)

So my second idea was to load the latest bin file chan list (SV8K112712)

I have loaded this on 3 different USB sticks (formatted to FAT32)
Ensured that it is the only file on the stick
Every time I plug the stick in (while power off on rear of box) and turn the unit back on it will not reconize that there is a thumb drive even plugged in.

I have tried doing the hard load by shutting the power off again at rear with thumb drive in and turning power on while holding the menu button..
It goes thru the load however it just clears all the channels out, it does not load the channels off the bin file.

Any ideas would be greatly welcom this has been bugging me for quite some time.

coolone
06-05-2013, 07:48 PM
SV8K is bad at reading usb drives, but about scanning, look for the tp on lyng sat and when you go to scan it chenge the settings between single and legacy etc.. until you see the signal quality and scan just the tp you were missing, good luck

hollerboy
06-06-2013, 12:48 AM
try loading a channel list from here ...and if still missing them ...look on lyngsat for updated tps .i would upload a channel list here , but dont know how , yet lol