PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Problem?

slepy
05-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi,

my SV8000 freezes and then when I try to reboot it by turning it back off and on, does not always want to come back. I have to do it many times, some times give it a little nudge, for it to start booting again. And even if it comes back, it does not stay for too long. I am on fish. Any idea what can help?

Thanks.

PurpleRider
05-20-2013, 01:59 AM
Might have a power supply going bad. Check fleabay, there is a fellow who will rebuild yours, also look for info to repair it yourself.

pcman
05-20-2013, 02:28 AM
Check or feel it to see if it is hot if so try a house fan on it ,then reload everything 1 time then check the power supply,last you can disconnect the lnb an see if it has a possible short that is intermittent .

slepy
05-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Thank, guys.

Actually, I am running it with an external laptop cooling pad on top. The original fan went so noisy that I had to disconnect it. Would that be a problem? Where can a get a replacement fan?

Fishbum
05-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Laptop cooling fan laying on top of your receiver wont do any thing to get much air through the holes in the top cover.. Heat rises.. you don't want Any Thing! on top of your receiver in my opinion... factory fan is useless .. don't even waist your time trying to replace that... have a look at my pictures and posts in this thread.. http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?132580-External-module
Sounds like your power board is fried like so many others with improper cooling.... Owning these receivers its a must to get fans modded into them and air moving directly over/under/around the components..

junior1
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
That's quit a fan set up you have there fish. I've had no problem with just 1 fan placed between the power supply and the main board blowing across the HD module.
@slepy...you should check your power supply caps to make sure their all ok. Visual inspection may or may not be enough. If you have a friend with the same receiver you could try testing with theirs to see if it helps or not. Otherwise the guy on e-bay is good and I would try him if I were you. It could be your P/S causing the freezing too. Does it freeze on channel 101 or 9421? If not then I would try another service.

Fishbum
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
:no: True one or two fans is sufficient as long as there in the receiver. The one with four fans was a little fun project to see how many fans I could fit in to show how much room there is actually inside the receiver... I'd rather have excess cooling than to little..
heat reduces the life of components...

slepy
05-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks, guys!
I will check and do the mods. I think it is hardware, but the service is not reliable either.

Now I cannot even connect to the bloody FishTv. Their web site is down too. Anyone knows their status?
Who would you recommend? I watch sports, HGTV, some international and of course the movies.

Fishbum
05-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Hey Slepy.. PM me I'll get you on a good server... remember you get what you pay for...
Send me a PM I'll hook you up... Cheers.

slepy
05-24-2013, 01:00 AM
I ran it on 101 for 24 hours. No freezing. This must be the bloody server - fishtv. They must be down for good, as even their web site is not reachable.