PDA

View Full Version : network adapter is old

mackadus
05-19-2013, 06:44 PM
what does this mean hard reboot it works 4 5mins and lose connection did all the files 2times reboot and works 4 5mins and lose connection tried a few times i do read alot and cant seem to find the fix i hope i can get help this is my first post i hope posting in the right place i looked and cant find any thing on this matter

EDIT: what does this mean anyone have any input on this

ftastudent2
05-21-2013, 06:24 PM
what does this mean anyone have any input on this
You need to provide more info, adapter version, main software etc.

It's Jafo
05-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Load this file:
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119203-SV8000HD-HD20-bin-CCE-Fix-May-05-2012

:)

skywalker999
05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
if you have an extra router laying around try it and see if you still lose connection a friend ad a similar problem he would lose the connection every 30 minutes or so he changed his router problem solved

mackadus
05-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Main Software: I'm running HD 20 28, As for Ihub don't have a clue, considering the reason that somebody gave it to me... How would I find out, good sir?
I ran clean system, Re-scanned twice this evening, and yet it still goes down after 20 minutes,I have to hard Re-boot to get it to connect again...
This has been happening since I've got my new 12 digit code. I'm not positive that, that has anything to do wih it. When I Re-boot, sometimes it says: ''Network adapter connected.'' and sometimes it says: ''Network adapter's old.'' regardles, it still disconnects after 20 minutes.Thank you for your all your ideas, I'm clueless when it comes to Adapter Version... Could you please specify what I'm searchig for?
Thank you very much.

mackadus
05-22-2013, 02:40 AM
I don't not have a second router, I'll go and buy one tomorrow. Good to have just in case. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

cheff
05-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Main Software: I'm running HD 20 28, As for Ihub don't have a clue, considering the reason that somebody gave it to me... How would I find out, good sir?
I ran clean system, Re-scanned twice this evening, and yet it still goes down after 20 minutes,I have to hard Re-boot to get it to connect again...
This has been happening since I've got my new 12 digit code. I'm not positive that, that has anything to do wih it. When I Re-boot, sometimes it says: ''Network adapter connected.'' and sometimes it says: ''Network adapter's old.'' regardles, it still disconnects after 20 minutes.Thank you for your all your ideas, I'm clueless when it comes to Adapter Version... Could you please specify what I'm searchig for?
Thank you very much.

Try factory default and reload file rescan etc... that's what i did when getting network adapter is old.

mackadus
05-22-2013, 04:42 AM
do itake the hub out when i do a default and reload

It's Jafo
05-22-2013, 10:03 AM
See this to learn about your dongle version : http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119735-Easy-I-hub-upgrade-and-V82-fix
After that, unhook the dongle while you work with the box or you might risk "Bricking" the dongle.
Your dongle is working. It either works or it doesn't. There is no in between.If you connect and are viewing, your dongle is working.
Your problem is most likely software related or your power supply or caps are going bad.The 8k is notorious for this.
I would check the dongle version and then set it aside as again... it's working fine and the issue is somewhere else.

mackadus
05-22-2013, 12:13 PM
good two know i will give it a try thanks much

mackadus
05-24-2013, 12:23 PM
i have new router and works 5 hours no disconnection i thank everyone for there help. i do enjoy this site verymuch. again thanks

cabofta
06-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Just saw your thread. Just a thought with your old router: Where you using DHCP assigned ip address rather than a fixed ip? It is possible that your old router had a short lease time on DHCP that was causing it to release the DHCP assigned address. I always recommend that you assign a fixed address outside the DHCP range either static assigned on router (if it has that option) or on the 8K as an assigned address for these type of connected devices (set top boxes, printers, workstations, etc). You might want to do this with your new router as well. It will avoid conflicts with any other DHCP assigned addresses that are not always connected (such as wireless laptops and cell phones).

It's Jafo
06-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I agree.That's good advice.
I always assign my own ip's....
I would just add,
If your current connection works folks, don't mess with it.
It won't change your viewing experience and you would be trying to fix something that's not broken.
For the vast majority of viewers, "dhcp" is the way to go.

:)