PDA

View Full Version : How does the PVR function works on SV8K

geosat
05-08-2013, 01:34 AM
I never used or tried the PVR function on my SV8K. Could someone post any instructions how to use it? And, what type or brand of external drive should I be using and does the external hard drive need its own power source? Thanks!

dishuser
05-08-2013, 02:15 AM
I used a wd 500gb external usb 2.0 hard drive.Worked fine.Remember the SV is NOT dual tuner, so you can only watch what you're recording.Externally powered hard drive is best
so you can't record another channel from same tp while watching another?

kyzursozay
05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
you can record a sat channel & watch an OTA channel or vice/versa ......... also any external HD should be 500gb or less, formated for fat32, have its own power brick ........ unless you can find a tested/approved HD from trogcamera's list of drives that worked.... its doubtful that advanced pvr/timeshift functionality will.

cheff
05-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I used a wd 500gb external usb 2.0 hard drive.Worked fine.Remember the SV is NOT dual tuner, so you can only watch what you're recording.Externally powered hard drive is best

Not true , you can watch any other channel that's on the same TP. Try hitting OK while recording it will bring up available channels.

It's Jafo
05-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Doesn't work on mine either.
Hitting the "Ok" button during a recording brings up the manual record setup window.Since your already in a recording at that time, you can only set the stop time.
That's just how it works on my box any way.... Go figure.
The last time I saw a box that the feature worked well with was CS.

:)

dishuser
05-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Hitting the "Ok" button during a recording brings up the manual record setup window.Since your already in a recording at that time, you can only set the stop time.

the 360's do it

cheff
05-10-2013, 12:17 AM

And you have the SV8000?

It's Jafo
05-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Yup.. have both a 360 and 8k.
Won't work on either of the boxes.
Would enjoy having the feature work .Current files are loaded and boxes work well.
Go figure.
Thanks for any thoughts.

kyzursozay
05-12-2013, 12:04 PM
a friends SV8K with a generic 250gb powered hd pops up the other tp channels (for viewing) during a manual recording, if OK is pressed ; IF the bottom right SAT button is pressed it brings up the DTV (OTA) channels for viewing if a sat channel is being recorded or vice/versa.

bearbait
05-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Works for me, thanks