PDA

View Full Version : Recording Problem With 8000HD Could Use Some Help.

pirate1d
04-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi All,

When I use the PVR feature on my 8000HD to record a movie I get either constant audio dropouts or the audio is not in sync with the video. I'm using a Seagate FreeAgent 1.5 terabyte external drive to record on. I can't figure out my problem with the audio dropping for several seconds or constantly popping in and out like bouncing a ball or being out of sync with the video, is it my 8000HD or my drive? is there anything I can do to fix it? Its very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Norbert Hehn
04-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I also have a Sonicview 8000 HD with 8 PSK module and i am using a 64 Gb flash drive. It works ok. I heard if the drive is to big you will have problems.
Now lets see if you can help me. On my epg it is set right now to show next 3 hours of info program how do i change it to 2 hours only or then if i dont like it back to 3. Thank you

rockisdead
04-14-2013, 04:58 AM
Hi All,

When I use the PVR feature on my 8000HD to record a movie I get either constant audio dropouts or the audio is not in sync with the video. I'm using a Seagate FreeAgent 1.5 terabyte external drive to record on. I can't figure out my problem with the audio dropping for several seconds or constantly popping in and out like bouncing a ball or being out of sync with the video, is it my 8000HD or my drive? is there anything I can do to fix it? Its very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I thought its hard drive problem,I'm using wd green 2tb with an enclosure,works perfect,sv8k has best pvr function than other receivers.

It's Jafo
04-15-2013, 08:01 PM
I also have a Sonicview 8000 HD with 8 PSK module and i am using a 64 Gb flash drive. It works ok. I heard if the drive is to big you will have problems.
That's true. It's not advised to use anything larger than 1tb and even then some issues can arise.

Now lets see if you can help me. On my epg it is set right now to show next 3 hours of info program how do i change it to 2 hours only or then if i dont like it back to 3. Thank you
Open the epg.Press the "play" button (round button with arrow). Close and reopen the epg to see the change.

:)