PDA

View Full Version : Sonicview 8000 HD rebooting on ATSC OTA

danny
04-10-2013, 12:40 AM
My Sonicview sometimes reboots by itself, when I connect the cable for the ATSC OTA to pick up local channels.

When I disconnect the OTA ATSC cable there is no problem at all with the dishnet channels (ie. no rebooting).

Is anybody experiencing this when connected to the ATSC OTA cable with their Sonicview 8000 HD.

StanW
04-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Possibly a short in the cable - inspect it, paying close attention to the connectors.

danny
04-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Possibly a short in the cable - inspect it, paying close attention to the connectors.

I already tried two different cables. Hard to believe that both would have problem.

It's Jafo
04-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Two different cables from the antenna to the box ??
Confirm a good ground on the antenna.
Most likely, it's a problem with something in the antenna setup as the issue is not present until the antenna is connected.

danny
04-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Two different cables from the antenna to the box ??
Confirm a good ground on the antenna.
Most likely, it's a problem with something in the antenna setup as the issue is not present until the antenna is connected.

I have one OTA outdoor antenna installed outside, which i am connecting back of the SV HD box. Same rebooting problem. The other antenna is an rca indoor antenna which I am connecting to the back of the SV HD box. Same rebooting problem with this one also.

steven charles
04-10-2013, 01:43 AM
I have one OTA outdoor antenna installed outside, which i am connecting back of the SV HD box. Same rebooting problem. The other antenna is an rca indoor antenna which I am connecting to the back of the SV HD box. Same rebooting problem with this one also.friend did you download the factory file to the sv8000 hd,usually for any receiver you need to load that files to pick up the free channels also,good luck friend....

danny
04-10-2013, 01:51 AM
friend did you download the factory file to the sv8000 hd,usually for any receiver you need to load that files to pick up the free channels also,good luck friend....

Yes I did load the factory file. Its not that I am not picking up free channels. I could watch the free channels but sometimes the receiver just reboots on its own. And this only happens when the OTA cable is connected to the SV HD box. When the OTA is not connected I can watch all of the dishnet channels and the receiver does not boot on its own.