PDA

View Full Version : Svlan dead?

viejox11
03-23-2013, 05:25 PM
My svlan is not showing network information.i did every thing posible to get back,no lights in the back,there is any way to revive it?

Fishbum
03-23-2013, 06:00 PM
What's every thing possible? list what you have tried...
firstly did you redue all the software on the receiver? system clean file, factory file, hd20-2028 files?
was it all working fine before and just stopped working? or are you trying this svlan dongle for the first time?
have you tried wiznet on your computer to see if it finds your svlan dongle?
have you checked all your coax cable ends all the way to the router to see if they are plugged in firmly?
have you reset your modem and router?

viejox11
03-23-2013, 06:51 PM
was working fine for the last 2 or more years.factory reset>system clean>hd 20-2028 ,the problem is not show network settings any more.thank you .

Fishbum
03-23-2013, 07:31 PM
No lights on the hub? its a power issue of some sort by the sounds.. make sure its pushed into the serial port good, they can come loose some times..
you likely checked that... if you don't have the cat5 cable plugged into the hub the lights wont come on, what I mean is could try to replace or by pass the cat5 cable with a new cable to test... I had a bad cat5 cable once which caused a similar issue.
The other thing I can think of is your power board is starting to go..? try unplugging the 8psk from the receiver and unplug the main coax line into the receiver and try rebooting.. try some trial and error..
have you tried the hub on some other SV receivers to test?

Joetoeclipper
03-25-2013, 08:12 PM
If it is dead they can be revived by buying a microchip off ebay.
I have done this route once before and was successful. Svlan is still working very well to this day

abouttosnap
03-25-2013, 08:39 PM
If it is dead they can be revived by buying a microchip off ebay.
I have done this route once before and was successful. Svlan is still working very well to this day

Just curious on the method you removed the chip with. Was it with a pencil iron?

airjam
03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
was working fine for the last 2 or more years.factory reset>system clean>hd 20-2028 ,the problem is not show network settings any more.thank you .

With no lights from the hub the first thing is to determine if the Hub is getting any power from the receiver. Do you have access to another hub from a friend that you could try ? If you have access to a multimeter you can check for +Voltage at pin 4 of the serial port.

jvvh5897
03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Rather than try to replace a chip, I would think it easier to by a new hub. The Wiz110sr is only about $25US and I think the box code can be modded to defeat the test of the security chip that is on the real hub. The checksums can be fixed, the code disassembled, info for where to mod for sv350e, sv360p, sv4k and sv8k has been developed, just no one testing to see if they can get it done.

Joetoeclipper
03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Just curious on the method you removed the chip with. Was it with a pencil iron?

I actually did not do the swap, My girlfriend brought it to work where they do that kinda stuff all the time.
Yes, The guy who did it used a pencil soldering iron and a magnifying glass.
He said it wasnt even that hard and If I have any thing else he loves the challenges.
The guy I got the chip from on ebay will install the chip, but you gotta send him your hub.

abouttosnap
03-27-2013, 07:15 PM
I actually did not do the swap, My girlfriend brought it to work where they do that kinda stuff all the time.
Yes, The guy who did it used a pencil soldering iron and a magnifying glass.
He said it wasnt even that hard and If I have any thing else he loves the challenges.
The guy I got the chip from on ebay will install the chip, but you gotta send him your hub.

Thanks for the info. Seen some videos that used another method and was curious if anyone had gone the pencil iron route with any success.