PDA

View Full Version : SV 8K long time to boot

solder
03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi guys . have a friend that as a 8k , when its turned off from back switch and than turned back on the next day it takes about 5 min. or more to boot up! any ideas what could be? thanks solder

Fishbum
03-19-2013, 12:24 AM
Could be power board? before trouble shooting hardware best rule out software ware first.. Redo all the files first..
load the system clean file twice, then the factory file, then do a hard reboot, load HD20-2028 file. Now try to see if the boot up is faster. Try that first and post back your results..

solder
03-19-2013, 02:31 AM
thanks for the reply . actualy i have done all u sugestede about 2 weeks back didnt help any, c 10 and c 12 were also replaced about 6 mounths back could it maybe be the caps again ? any others ideas ? thanks solder.

Fishbum
03-19-2013, 05:57 AM
So you have ruled out software now so its likely hard ware of some sort.. Could be other caps or other resistors on the power board... do you have a spair power board to replace it with to test?
Try unplugging the 8psk and the main coax into the receiver and try rebooting, see if that makes any difference in the boot up.. if not probably is your power board.. might be best to look up on ebay, there is a seller there that will refurbish these power boards..

solder
03-19-2013, 03:27 PM
hi Fishbum thanks for all ur help ! very nice of u to keep replying thanks!! i unplug the coax and psk cables and no difference steal takes its time to boot ' one thing that is, after the first boot with in 1 minut it boots on rightway it seams that gets" maybe "warm so i wiated 5 minuts than and tryit it took its time again to boot . am going to replace c10 c11 c12 c13 and c24 see if that helps . because what am thinking one day it probably wont boot at all it seams it taks longer every time as am testing . again thanks solder

solder
03-20-2013, 02:34 AM
happy to say after replaced all caps mention above , it boots in about 3 seconds its all good thanks for ur help fishbum ! solder