PDA

View Full Version : About Ihub

palmist_1
03-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Can I use SV360p Ihub with SV8k HD receiver? If yes, Than what latest file I have to download.Actually I am thinking to buy SV8K HD.

dishuser
03-02-2013, 07:56 AM
look in files section

Fishbum
03-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes you can use your Ihub on a SV8000. You will need to update the firm ware on the Ihub though..
it depends on what version your ihub is already, the current HD20-2028 bin for the SV8000 receiver will updated the ihub automatically however the ihub has to be a certain version first. You may have to use wiznet with your computer to upload a few files to your ihub first to bring it up to the correct version.
A little advice buying a SV8K...
C/P a post of mine from a previous thread..
Yup FleaBay ! :-) Be carefull though, ask the seller alot of questions and make sure you see several actual pictures of the receiver that is for sale and not just a stock picture... Request a picture of the inside of the receiver to see what version the 8psk module is.. you do not want a two piece orginal 8psk module.. some auctions will try to hide the fact the receiver has the old two piece style module in them... I'v bought a few lemons from FleaBay.. its buyer be ware.. with the SV8000 discontinued for years, I'v noticed the majority of the SV8000 reselling have issues or can be lemons, is my experiencec I'v had buying SV8000 in the later years after they have been discountinued... be very dilligent when buying a used SV8000 on Flebay.. is my advice from my past experiences..
hope this helps.. good luck.

Fishbum
03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Another option is to bring your Ihub to version 2.2 and use the HD 514 file on your SV8000...
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?121369-Sonicview-8000-HD-514-file-for-IHub-version-2-2
check what version your ihub is using the wiznet utility program from your computer..

palmist_1
03-02-2013, 08:32 PM
thanks a lot. for ur guidance

filippo
03-18-2013, 12:24 PM
is there any other product rather thge ihub that can be used with sonicview receivers that can connect to the web

It's Jafo
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Not at this time.....

:)

jvvh5897
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
I've been playing with modding the files so that the ihub security chip test is bypassed, if this works a more standard wizhub board will work. Price for them is about $25US. The mod to file is only a few bytes.

There is ihub emulation file and some work being done to let routers do hub emulation too.

United
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
I've been playing with modding the files so that the ihub security chip test is bypassed, if this works a more standard wizhub board will work. Price for them is about $25US. The mod to file is only a few bytes.

There is ihub emulation file and some work being done to let routers do hub emulation too.

Yeah I can remember that ihub emu file .It emulated ihub 1.9 and as far as my sources can tell me it worked excellent..Unfortunately team SV coders updated the ihub after the to v2.2 and it rendered the emu redundant......There also was another emu file created by a member here but nobody seemed interested in helping him bring it to test. Plus he wanted "donations" to reward his efforts.

Good luck with the work to be done it would be nice to get something to permanently replace the now overpriced hubs.

It's Jafo
03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
The 110 board works well on a hot swap.Get us over the handshake issue and we're good to go.

:)