PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with SV 8000!!

gwrowe
02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi ! Just put new PS code in friends SV 8000, went to test at my place, and did hard reboot to get IP from router and the IP wouldn't change in network settings, so I went to reset Network settings, and pressed OK, now can't get back into network settings, just keeps saying please wait! Then just goes back to channel. How do I get the network settings back?

cheff
02-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Hi ! Just put new PS code in friends SV 8000, went to test at my place, and did hard reboot to get IP from router and the IP wouldn't change in network settings, so I went to reset Network settings, and pressed OK, now can't get back into network settings, just keeps saying please wait! Then just goes back to channel. How do I get the network settings back?
Make sure the dongle/ hub i s connected properly if no network setting in menu then box does not see the hub/dongle.

It's Jafo
02-26-2013, 08:30 PM
If the dongle is not seen by the box or on the network, the "Network settings" menu will not show.
If confirming the dongle is connected well doesn't fix it, see this:
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119735-Easy-I-hub-upgrade-and-V82-fix

:)

Fishbum
02-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Its software related... Had this happen to me before and its a bugger to get back. If the hub was working before its not your hub its the software on the receiver.
Re do all the software/files on the receiver.... do factory default twice, run system clean file twice, do a hard reboot, load Factory file then load HD20-2028 bin. then load a current tp/channel list file then a factory default to wipe out all the channels from the channel bin.. the tp data will still be saved.. then re set your sat settings and re scan fresh on your own system ( I never use some one elses channels that they scanned) then enter your PS code in network settings..
Its a bit of work but best to start from scratch and it will clear out any old bugs your receiver had.. Also one other tip,
when your in network settings and when you exit alwasy select "Yes" even if you didnt change any thing.. if you select "No"
I found some times will cause Network settings not to show up again in the menue list...

gwrowe
02-28-2013, 03:48 AM
Got it working again! THank's guy's!