PDA

View Full Version : Is This Right , Am I Good To Go

pistonheadmark
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi all , I just dusted off the sv8000 that I have not used since japan public went down about a year ago , got all my signals But I need to know if I am up to date before I get a private server...
heres what I got
boot loader 02.07
main sw HD20E
front sw VB-05

do i have to update , clean or reload anything , if so can someone aim me in the right direction

Sp0iler
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
You need this file in the box:
http://phoenix.satfix.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=16263&d=1348508504

Then see this:
http://phoenix.satfix.net/showthread.php?119735-Easy-I-hub-upgrade-and-V82-fix

Good luck,
Sp0iler

pistonheadmark
01-30-2013, 03:33 PM
thanx spoiler , i am gonna give it a shot after work today , I am not sure if i have a lan port on my pc , I will have to see once i get home...
I had another guy do my box the last time so i guess i am kidda a newbie again LOL

Sp0iler
01-30-2013, 04:06 PM
If it was working when you shut it down before, it should be a snap to get back on.
The 8K suffers from some transponder issues but we'll get to that later.
Another issue some have had is a problem with the box rebooting when changing between providers.If you have that issue, we can talk about it at that time too.
Chances are, you probably do have a lan port on your computer. It's the one that looks like an over sized phone jack.

Let us know if we can help and good luck,
Sp0iler

pistonheadmark
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
got er working , my svlan was already 4.12 , i did the system clean , loaded HD20-2028 and put in my p.s. codes and all is up and running...
before i scan all my sats is there a transponder list or update , I remember once long ago I had to manually enter in a bunch of tp info and was wondering if the hd20-2028 has it all or what if any need to be changed

Sparky McBiff
02-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks spoiler. I was in the same boat as pistonheadmark and had just turned on my SV8K for the first time in well over a year.
My iHub turned out to be at the 1.4 version but I managed to get it up to 2.2 and following your advice I'm now at 4.12.
I've been away from the scene for a while and am just checking in to see what the status of the hobby is at now.
My moveable dish is still aligned so that I'm picking up all the birds but I'll probably be doing some reading to see if I'm going to bother looking into a p/s since I spend most of my time on the Internet now days and don't really feel the pull of the idiot box any longer.
But thanks for your advice.

beckynguyen85
02-12-2013, 07:30 PM
I am on the same boat, but I figured out how to fix it. Thanks