PDA

View Full Version : SV8000 No Quality

cabofta
01-24-2013, 08:23 PM
A couple of weeks ago my SV8K started giving me "No Signal". My A1 board I believe failed a while back but have been happy with just SD for now using Internal Module.

If I go into Dish Setup I get signal on all 119 TPs but no Quality.

I tried removing the A1 board all together to see if it brought the signal back, but no joy. Worse still, the SV8K failed to boot and no front panel display.

Put the A1 back in and it boots and has display (?). Of course, I switch to Internal Tuner each time I boot since it defaults to the External if plugged in.

Have done the Sys Clean, Fact Reset, etc etc to no avail. I have loaded the October TP file again which had been working before.

Question: Why would the SV not boot and the display go dark when removing the A1 board?

Suspecting a PSU issue but no sign of caps bad - this is my second Power Supply!

Any help appreciated.

Sp0iler
01-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Any switches in your setup ?
Got another lnb to test with or another box to hook to your lnb to confirm its working ?
Got a good ground to the dish ?

Sounds like a power supply to me but you need to test it all to be sure one way or the other. If the box is working hard to power the lnb it might burn out early.
If you find it to be the Psu.. have you added any fans for additional cooling ? If not, consider that too.

keep us updated and good luck,
Sp0iler

cabofta
01-25-2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks Spoiler,

Yup, hooked up a 360P to the same switch port and all is good, so its not the switch. Have 3 receivers off the switch with two LNBs (119 and 129) feeding the switch. All receivers have LNB power on. And, Yes - the box was getting hot during the summer months and put an external fan on it, but still very hot. Suspect the PSU is failing as you say.

This is the "new" PSU version - wonder which caps are the likely culprits (there is no sign of bulging on any of them).

CaboFta

Sp0iler
01-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Caps can still be bad even though they aren't bulging. I'm not sure which they would be either but c-10 and c-11 come to mind.
There are how to's about the caps.
Sounds like you have a pretty good grip on your situation and I hope you can get it worked out.
Let us know what you find and good luck,
Sp0iler

cabofta
01-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Replaced C10 and all is well. Better still the Turbo board started working again! Funny, no sign of blistering on cap but guess it was bad.

Sp0iler
01-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Now that's great news.
Glad your viewing again.
Good job and thanks for getting back to us.

sp0iler

Fishbum
01-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Great to see you got it working again...