PDA

View Full Version : Power line adapters stopped working with SV8000

Fishbum
01-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I have a pair of Dream Star Power line Turbo 85bps adapters set up at my buddies house which have been working great for about 3 years now on his SV8000. Just recently they stopped working. To test I by passed the power line adapters with a cat5 cable to the SV8000 and straight to the router and works perfectly. Connect through the power line adapters and does not work. Just all of a sudden stopped working. Nothing has changed either.
I tried un plugging them for 30 min. tired flipping them around even.. still dont work. I brought them to my own own house to test on my system with new cat5 cables connecting them up with and nope did not work here either. Can power line adapters just suddenly burn out?? Is that possible?

Fishbum
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Label says there made in Taiwan ! even better, lol.

El Chido®
01-05-2013, 03:32 AM
Just a Dumb question: when you unplugged both adapters from the main power line ( not cord extensions), did you re-boot your router and modem prior to re-plugging them both in??...( and after all that, re-boot your box)

Fishbum
01-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Ya always a good question to ask.. but ya we tried all that.. Curiosity sake, tonight I opened up the power line adapters to take a look inside, notice 3 capacitors in one and 2 on the other with bulged tops. Other capacitors the bulge is down wards, on these they were bulged upwards, looks like over heated capacitors ? One could probably replace the capacitors and get them working again maybe..? I guess off to the store tomorrow and buy a new pair ...