PDA

View Full Version : SonicView 8000HD Not Booting up

freesatfta
12-10-2012, 05:39 AM
This is strange. My receiver was working perfect. I set it to record the Pacauio/ Marquez fight on the event timer. When I got home from work to watch it, the box was froze up but the record display was still going on the led, even tho the timer should have already stopped recording. I tried to turn it off by the remote but the receiver was froze up. So I did a hard reboot from the back and when I turned it back on, the fan comes on and the hub lights up but the display is dead and no signal to tv.. any thoughts???

steven charles
12-10-2012, 06:04 AM
This is strange. My receiver was working perfect. I set it to record the Pacauio/ Marquez fight on the event timer. When I got home from work to watch it, the box was froze up but the record display was still going on the led, even tho the timer should have already stopped recording. I tried to turn it off by the remote but the receiver was froze up. So I did a hard reboot from the back and when I turned it back on, the fan comes on and the hub lights up but the display is dead and no signal to tv.. any thoughts???if its just frozen you can download the factory file with the rs232 cables,if no lights on the receiver that means some of the capacitors burned out,usually is the #C10 and #C24 you can try opening the box and check for pop up caps on the power supply box,but theres some soldering require for the new ones,or you can also buy the power supply box there about 40 bucks on ebay,good luck friend....

jokeonyou
12-10-2012, 07:42 AM
wow...same thing with my sv8k....during that fight...i thought i had got smoked with some kind of emc..my rec. just kept booting..but now following henric's advise.....i'm back up....amazing. Check out the thread 2 up...jokeonyou...
j

Sp0iler
12-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Look here:
http://phoenix.satfix.net/showthread.php?119736-Force-load-a-file-360-s-and-8000&p=854473#post854473