PDA

View Full Version : sv8000 stuck on booting

buz2004
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Hows it going does anybody having this problem of the sv8000 even after a reset default it still boots up for a minute on epg and then goes back to booting. I even try to scan sats, but it when it starts searching it goes back to booting, any suggestions? thanks in advance

henric
12-08-2012, 10:35 PM
C/P credit : rich333

Here is the steps to revive your receiver if it gets "stuck on booting" where the display stays on booting and doesn't complete and reboot.

1. Do a clean FAT32 format on your USB stick.
2. Load the latest update bin file to the USB stick.
3. Turn the rear power switch on the receiver OFF.
4. Plug your USB stick into the receivers USB port.
5. Now do a forced load by pressing and holding the MENU key on the front panel of the receiver ( not the remote ) and at the same time switch the rear power switch ON. Continue to hold the MENU button until you see "LOAD USB" on the front panel then release Menu button. It will then boot from the USB stick.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When using this step, please make sure there are nothing else in the device besides the latest bin file (That is the reason behind the clean FAT32 reformat

bjim
12-09-2012, 03:21 PM
you might have to replace c10 and c24 caps on power supply

jokeonyou
12-10-2012, 05:07 AM
[QUOTE=bjim;892172]you might have to replace c10 and c24 caps on power supply[/QUOTE

what are these caps you mentioned....c10and 24???///////what are they for and where are they located...
i am having the same problem.....machine now will not warm up fast enough to be able to use your reboot trick...with the usb......tv was fine today .....until tonite.....although i must say i had a bad hit last night while i was watching the fight..
joke

jokeonyou
12-10-2012, 07:38 AM
well henric.......kudo's to you..........
i followed your instructions..............and finally it kicked in........thankyou very much............i had to rescan...the sats.....but..man ..i'm watching tv......hope it holds up......got rid of the bin21 and put on bin 20 with the calendar update.
i like your dog.....
cheers
joke