PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to reset and reprogram dongle?

sonny75
11-30-2012, 08:46 PM
I havent had the receiver working for over a year. Purchased some donation numbers last week and loaded the box with HD20-2028. I had a problem trying unzipping bin HD_22, I was reading around and it looks like HD20-2028 would be suffice but I am still getting no service or scrambled.

So I ran Wiznet and it looks like it picked up the ihub and its running Version 4.12 but on on the right side it says NOT CONNECTED. I checked the lights on the rear and both the green and orange lights are lit solid. I called up a buddy of mine to check my donation numbers and the status on his ihub lights. The donation number works, his lights are lit but the orange light blinks.

So with my troubleshooting, I think there is an issue with my dongle and wanted to know if there is a procedure to reset it?

I have another receiver/dongle and I have tried hooking that up with the same results. I dont believe there anything is wrong with that line because when I hook up my PS3, it gets online

Sp0iler
12-01-2012, 12:26 AM
"Not connected" is normal in Wiz.
At version 4.12, your done with Wiz.You don't need it for now.
I doubt there is an issue with your dongles but rather an issue with the connection.
Your key/clue is the "Connection message' you see in your "Network settings" menu in the box.
What do you see ??
Connected,Not Connected or DNS Fail ?

Dns fail describes an issue with the info you have entered for your connection or the server is down.
Not Connected describes making it to the server but a denial of entry for anyone of several reasons.
Connected... that's obvious. :)

You do have pic and sound on channel 101 ? Right ??
You did reboot everything starting with the modem/router and the box after all else is up ?
What message do you see for connecting ???

hollerboy
12-01-2012, 01:48 AM
make sure you turn domain name off and then enter new ip address for your setting

sonny75
12-01-2012, 04:25 AM
"Not connected" is normal in Wiz.
At version 4.12, your done with Wiz.You don't need it for now.
I doubt there is an issue with your dongles but rather an issue with the connection.
Your key/clue is the "Connection message' you see in your "Network settings" menu in the box.
What do you see ??
Connected,Not Connected or DNS Fail ?

Dns fail describes an issue with the info you have entered for your connection or the server is down.
Not Connected describes making it to the server but a denial of entry for anyone of several reasons.
Connected... that's obvious. :)

You do have pic and sound on channel 101 ? Right ??
You did reboot everything starting with the modem/router and the box after all else is up ?
What message do you see for connecting ???

Yes i get picture and sound on channel 101

I sometimes get both dns fail or not connected. Depending what i use, DNS or ip address

i was told to use SERVER: 2.nfps.ws OR IP: 79.142.79.21
what ports are available? I am on 16010
or those still valid? And whats up with both solid lights on the ihub? isnt the orange supposed to be blinking?

Sp0iler
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
The lights on your dongle are the standard network lights you see everywhere.
The green is a 100mb connection and the amber is a 10mb connection.Yes, the amber usually flashes when communicating with the network.
If the dongle is not seen on the network or by the box, "Network settings" will NOT show in your menu.With this showing in your menu, the dongle is working fine.
For your connection with NFPS, you need to be using the ip addy only.If you use the domain name you will get "DNS fail" as that domain is currently dead.
Not connected is something you might also see from them as they try to work through the latest ecms from Dn.Nfps was up and down all day yesterday from what I've read.
The ip's we deal with are not ip's you need to be worried about hiding.Feel free to post all ip's you see in your network settings menu.
Can you ping your "local ip" ? That will confirm your dongle is being seen on the local network.
What shows for your local ip,gateway,dns ip and server ip ?? Gateway and dns ip should be the same. The local ip is the ip assigned by the router to the dongle. Confirm your set to DHCP and reboot all to have the router assign ip's for you.

Trying to work out a connection problem at this time is tough as most are still recovering from the ecms.

sonny75
12-01-2012, 07:46 PM
The lights on your dongle are the standard network lights you see everywhere.
The green is a 100mb connection and the amber is a 10mb connection.Yes, the amber usually flashes when communicating with the network.
If the dongle is not seen on the network or by the box, "Network settings" will NOT show in your menu.With this showing in your menu, the dongle is working fine.
For your connection with NFPS, you need to be using the ip addy only.If you use the domain name you will get "DNS fail" as that domain is currently dead.
Not connected is something you might also see from them as they try to work through the latest ecms from Dn.Nfps was up and down all day yesterday from what I've read.
The ip's we deal with are not ip's you need to be worried about hiding.Feel free to post all ip's you see in your network settings menu.
Can you ping your "local ip" ? That will confirm your dongle is being seen on the local network.
What shows for your local ip,gateway,dns ip and server ip ?? Gateway and dns ip should be the same. The local ip is the ip assigned by the router to the dongle. Confirm your set to DHCP and reboot all to have the router assign ip's for you.Trying to work out a connection problem at this time is tough as most are still recovering from the ecms.

This fixed my issue and now I am up.:yeaah: I had it on Static, where it was last working and did not know I had to change this. I really appriciate your help.