PDA

View Full Version : play movies on tv with usb

tessa8940
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
what program do i need to play recorded movies on tv?

Sp0iler
11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
If your just talking from the usb... highlite the file and hit the "ok" button for options.
If you want to make a Dvd,
Get Convertxtodvd, Total Video Converter or another program that sees the file type and make a dvd of the program.

Good luck,
Sp0iler

tessa8940
11-20-2012, 01:32 PM
tv does not recognize recording. need to update tv. what format or program will work?

Sp0iler
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
The other way around. Need to know what format the TV see's and convert the file to that format.
The two converters I mentioned will do the job for you.

ramrod
11-20-2012, 03:46 PM
what program do i need to play recorded movies on tv?

Does your tv have video capabilities?
My tv has usb but it is for viewing images only on the usb drive.

hondoharry
11-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Media Player Classic plays most sat receiver recorded files. I output them from my external USB drive on the PC straight to the TV.

ramrod
11-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Yep, i have 3 or 4 different players that will play the trp files and a couple of av converters to convert to whatever i want. have a 450gb external plugged in to my receivers usb to record or store on. pc is direct connect to my tv for other viewing also.

ramrod
11-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Tessa, if your tv has video capability with a few different video formats, you should have no prob. playing movies with usb.

Terryl
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
tv does not recognize recording. need to update tv. what format or program will work?

The FTA receiver stores the movies in a format that most TV sets do not recognize, you have to load them into your PC,(if your PC will even recognize the USB drive with the recording on it) then use a conversion program to make them viewable to the TV set.

You then have to reload them back on a different USB drive, then the TV set will see them, it would be more then likely be an Mpeg format for the TV set.

You can't update the TV set to see what is recorded on the USB drive directly from the receiver.

Also some providers receivers (like the Dish VIP722K) use a recording format that is not convertible by any program to anything useable by any TV set. (at least nothing I have found yet)

And your PC may need a special program to even see the recorded movie on the USB stick.

tessa8940
11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
thx. will give all a try.