PDA

View Full Version : Sonicview 8000HD Appears dead

x2006nzl
11-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Hello all,
I recently acquired a Sonicview 8000HD, I cannot get it to boot up or flash.
here's what I tried replacing power supply with a known working one, replacing caps c10 and c24
trying to flash it via null cable and usb and trying to force load
I tested the display and usb port all seem to work and have power
all ican get however when I turn it on is the 2 green lights and the fan to come on and the orange dot when hitting buttons on the remote
also tried rebooting and force flashing via usb now i can only get one green light to blink twice when turned on
so in my conclusion I belive it is something with the motherboard or possibly the spansion flash chip?
any ideas thanks

steven charles
11-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Hello all,
I recently acquired a Sonicview 8000HD, I cannot get it to boot up or flash.
here's what I tried replacing power supply with a known working one, replacing caps c10 and c24
trying to flash it via null cable and usb and trying to force load
I tested the display and usb port all seem to work and have power
all ican get however when I turn it on is the 2 green lights and the fan to come on and the orange dot when hitting buttons on the remote
also tried rebooting and force flashing via usb now i can only get one green light to blink twice when turned on
so in my conclusion I belive it is something with the motherboard or possibly the spansion flash chip?
any ideas thanksif the receiver is not rebooting,try to force load the factory file with the rs232 cables thats the null cables,it should help with the rebooting,good luck friend....

x2006nzl
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
thanks i checked power supply I can now get solid two geeen lights and the fan, I cannot get it to take a flash by force loading it by usb or null cable, when i plug the usb in it doesn't recognize i'm thinking its a spansion flash problem?
thanks

steven charles
11-15-2012, 02:18 AM
thanks i checked power supply I can now get solid two geeen lights and the fan, I cannot get it to take a flash by force loading it by usb or null cable, when i plug the usb in it doesn't recognize i'm thinking its a spansion flash problem?
thankstry unplugging all the cables from the box by itself connect it the wall outlet and keep trying with the null cables it,ll take it sooner or later,good luck friend....

x2006nzl
11-15-2012, 02:22 AM
okay will do so just use the factory file from sonicview usa and the loader,
have the sonicview rockered off,
hook up the null cable
open the loader
stb connect com port 1
choose the factory
click open then rocker the sonicview on
am i doing this right?
thanks and i'm sasuming you had the same problem and the usb wouldn't recognize?

steven charles
11-15-2012, 04:04 AM
okay will do so just use the factory file from sonicview usa and the loader,
have the sonicview rockered off,
hook up the null cable
open the loader
stb connect com port 1
choose the factory
click open then rocker the sonicview on
am i doing this right?
thanks and i'm sasuming you had the same problem and the usb wouldn't recognize?if the com port 1 doesn,t work keep trying 2,3 etc until it downloads it,ll work my friend....

x2006nzl
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
if the com port 1 doesn,t work keep trying 2,3 etc until it downloads it,ll work my friend....
thanks tried it but still no luck, now would you suggest replacing flash chip?
thankas

Terryl
11-17-2012, 09:42 PM
The receiver is FUBAR, use it as a book end, they don't make replacement parts for that brand anymore.

juancho
11-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Try the force load with the last channel list posts here . I fix my this ways...firts formatt the usb+ ckeck the caps again.

Sp0iler
11-18-2012, 12:47 PM
See this:
http://phoenix.satfix.net/showthread.php?119736-Force-load-a-file-360-s-and-8000

Good luck,
Sp0iler

x2006nzl
11-20-2012, 11:51 AM
thanks tried all that it never recgnizes the usb, or serial cable, looks like i have to replace the flash chip , thanks for all your help everyone