PDA

View Full Version : TP Advice From the Pro's

cheezed
11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
I've been trying to get a clean scan for weeks now with no success. So I want a little advice from the pro's. This is my current set-up: Dish 1000.2, no switches, Dp44 Power inserter (in port 1) in-line with my SV8000hd and Ihub. Issue is, since there have been a few changes with TP's on 110,119,129 every scan I currently do either my locals (West Coast) will be missing or my HD channels (SciFi, TNT..) will be missing. I have loaded a couple of different channel list with the same results. I think my problem has to be my current TP's. I have modified the trouble TP's with the new info but there is no change in my scans. So I think I need to start from scratch and not rely on some other channel list. This is what I plan on doing, delete all my current TP's and a sytem restore (no system clean file). When I reboot and set my correct dish settings each TP should be clean right, or do I have to manually input each TP for each sat?

cheezed
11-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Just came across torpainter's TP update file I'll give that a shot first, hopefully this will solve my TP issues.

steven charles
11-06-2012, 04:54 AM
I've been trying to get a clean scan for weeks now with no success. So I want a little advice from the pro's. This is my current set-up: Dish 1000.2, no switches, Dp44 Power inserter (in port 1) in-line with my SV8000hd and Ihub. Issue is, since there have been a few changes with TP's on 110,119,129 every scan I currently do either my locals (West Coast) will be missing or my HD channels (SciFi, TNT..) will be missing. I have loaded a couple of different channel list with the same results. I think my problem has to be my current TP's. I have modified the trouble TP's with the new info but there is no change in my scans. So I think I need to start from scratch and not rely on some other channel list. This is what I plan on doing, delete all my current TP's and a sytem restore (no system clean file). When I reboot and set my correct dish settings each TP should be clean right, or do I have to manually input each TP for each sat?friend whats the signal and quality for each sat,sometimes when your signal and quality is to low,you don,t get all the channels....

Fishbum
11-06-2012, 07:17 AM
cheezed... dont use torpainter's TP update file.. that TP file is way to old, that should not even have been posted..
I used that file way along time ago.. not now..
Use this file it works, however since it has been made many channels have moved again, so what I did was still load this file,
but after do a factory default, re set your menu settings, ( adult lock disable, location state ), re set your sat settings in 110,119,129
exit and save. Go back to your sat pages, I noticed with this TP file I had quality on 110 page.. but Zero quality on 119 and 129 pages.. I didnt let that fool me, obviously a clitch in the TP file.. I know my sat settings are correct.. so continued to scan 119 and 129 even though it showed zero quality coming in those pages... scans came in perfect and channels that were not working before with this TP file now work. This TP channel file here is good, just needs to be rescanned and trust your own settings and dont let the zero quality fool you on sat. 110 129 pages..
http://phoenix.satfix.net/showthread.php?121627-SV8K-channel-list-with-working-E*14-TP-12311-with-EPG

cheezed
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Fishbum, I used that file also and I still have some issues with missing channels but there is one step I did miss that you pointed out and that is to do a factory default after I load the file. I'll give that a shot when I get home today after I vote. Oh by the way I had the same issue with the zero quality on those sats.

knd
11-07-2012, 05:48 AM
What signal and quality levels are you getting?? Which specific channels are you missing?? Find out which transponder does channels are on, see what signal and quality levels you are getting on those transponders. If the two are high, the settings have changed and you need to find the new settings. If the signal and quality are poor for that transponder, then you need to align the dish properly.

cheezed
11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the input knd. The problem TP 12311 on 119 is 78% Quality/95% Strength, so no problem there. I have loaded other channel lists that correct that TP but they screw up other channels. So I end up having to switch between two channel lists one with all my working HD channels and one with my working adult channels and locals. Maybe there's a way to somehow merge the two lists together with a channel editing program? Well, that's what they call testing right. Thanks for the feed back guys.